Vendela Maria Kirsebom (born 12 January 1967), sometimes known as Vendela Kirsebom Thomessen, is a Swedish/Norwegian model and actress.
Vendela is a multi-talented entertainer who is a 'one-name' worldwide celebrity.
Vendela is from Stockholm, Sweden and now is living in Nesodden, Norway.
|(Photo: Fred Jonny / Enklere liv).|
Vendela Kirsebom's mother is Norwegian, and her father is Turkish.
Whether that makes her Swedish, or Norwegian, or maybe even Turkish, well, I leave that up to you to determine. I think we can safely say that Vendela Kirsebom is from Europe (part of Turkey is in Europe).
|“Details de Taille” By Sheila Metzner. Vendela Kirsebom for Vogue Paris, March 1992.|
Eileen Ford scouted her in a Stockholm restaurant, and at 18 she moved to Italy to begin her career. Later, she moved to New York to pursue opportunities there.
|Vendela on the cover of the November 1995 Shape magazine.|
Vendela has been a top cover model for almost thirty years.
- Canada: 'Flare' - January 1993; 'Flare' - February 1995
- France: 'Vogue' - #681 November 1987
- Germany: 'Freundin Donna' - July 2012
- Italy: 'Amica' - March 5 1987; 'Cosmopolitan' - March 1989; 'Amica' - 1993
- Norway: 'Elle' - October 2007; 'Henne' - May 2014
- Spain: 'DT' - September 1996
- Sweden: 'Damernas Värld' - No 34 1989; 'Damernas Värld' - No 18 1990; 'Damernas Värld' - No 4 1994; 'Fitness' - January 1997; 'Fitness' - July 1997; 'Mama' - 2003; 'Sömdag Magaziner' - 2004; 'Red' - 2005; 'Tique' - 2005
- UK: 'FHM' - August 1997
Vendela began acting early in her career, with a role in the the Italian television series 'Piazza Navona' alongside screen legend Marcello Mastroianni.
|Vendela on the cover of Vogue Paris.|
Several years later, she took some acting jobs in Hollywood, appearing on popular television series "Blossom" and "The Larry Sanders Show."
As an actress, Vendela is probably best known for her role as Nora Fries in "Batman and Robin" (1997) and an appearance in "The Parent Trap" (1998). However, she did not pursue acting for very long.
Vendela speaks many languages well, including English, Swedish, German, Norwegian and Italian.
Vendela married a Norwegian politician, Olaf Thommessen, in 1996 and moved to Norway, where she remains. They parted in 2007 after having two daughters.
Vendela Kirsebom remains an active model and is a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations.
|Vendela's model card.|
|Caroline Skjelbred, Vendela Kirsebom and Live Brekke.|