Shalom Harlow (born December 5, 1973) is a top Canadian fashion model and actress who has branched out into film and television.
Shalom (the word is Hebrew for "hello" or "peace") hails from Oshawa, Ontario. She says it was a 'hippie commune.' When she was 16, Shalom was spotted at a The Cure concert by Anne Sutherland.
She quickly took to modelling, and some of her brands, besides Victoria's Secret, include: Jones New York, Tumi, Tiffany & Co, Nautica, Chloé, and Valentino.
Shalom also became the spokesperson for Chanel's Coco fragrance.
Shalom has many covers around the world. Her US covers alone include:
- 'Vogue' - September 1995;
- 'Allure' - January 1996;
- 'Elle' - June 1996;
- 'Harper's Bazaar' - June 1996,
- 'Mademoiselle' - February 1996;
- 'Marie Claire' - November 1996;
- 'Vogue' - February 1996;
- 'W' - February & September 1996;
- 'Vogue - March, April & December 1997,
- 'W' - March & August 1997;
- 'Harper's Bazaar' - July 1998;
- 'W' - January 1998;
- 'New York Magazine' - August 22, 2001;
- 'Citizen K' - Fall 2001;
Shalom's film work includes the following releases:
- Cherry (1999), Leila Sweet
- Head Over Heels (2001), Jade
- Vanilla Sky (2001), Colleen
- Kate & Leopold (2001) Woman in Movie
- The Salton Sea (2002), Nancy
- Happy Here and Now (2002), Muriel
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003), Judy Green
- I Love Your Work (2003), Charlotte
- Melinda and Melinda (2004), Joan
- Game 6 (2005), Paisly Porter
- The Last Romantic (2006), Christy Tipilton
Shalom also has appeared in 'The Jury' on television. She hosted the show 'MTV House of Style' with Amber Valletta after Cindy Crawford left it in 2007.
Shalom also had a lipgloss named after her. As one of the world's top-earning models during her prime, Shalom, currently living in Brooklyn, is a hard woman to forget.