Rosie Alice Huntington-Whiteley (born 18 April 1987) is an English model and actress who is best known for her role in one of the 'Transformers' movies. As a model, she is best known for her work for Victoria's Secret and Burberry.
Huntington-Whiteley is from Plymouth, Devon. She comes from one of those British families with a Baronet here and a surgeon there. At age 15, Rosie hooked on with a West End modelling agency, and soon was on the plane to New York for a Teen Vogue shoot. She debuted soon after in the Spring 2004 show. Great things were expected of her, and great things happened.
Rosie's covers include (and there is no reason to think they will end any time soon):
- Brazil: 'Maxim' - July 2011; 'Vogue' - April 2012
- Bulgaria: 'Joy' - November 2011
- Czech Republic: 'Esquire' - July 2011
- Denmark: 'Elle' - November 2008
- Germany: 'GQ' - August 2011; 'Joy' - November 2011;
- India: 'Elle' - August 2011
- Italy: 'D' - May 28 2005; 'Jack' - April 2010;
- Japan: 'Vogue' - May 2005; 'Spur' - September 2008;
- Russia: 'Harper's Bazaar' - May 2010; 'Women's Health' - April 2012
- South Africa: 'Women's Health' - November 2011;
- Spain: 'DT' - January 2010; 'GQ' - July 2010; 'FHM' - August 2011;
- Sweden: 'Bon'; 'Elle' - October 2012
- UK: 'Wallpaper' - October 2004; 'GQ' - May 2010; 'Love' - Autumn/Winter 2010;
- Ukraine: 'Pink' - July 2013
Rosie appeared in the 2006-2010 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows. She is best known, though, for her acting. Rosie got her start in some advertising shoots that required her to do some minimal acting, such as a Agent Provocateur ad about getting even with a forgetful boyfriend.
This led eventually to her role as Carly Spencer in the 2011 film "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," the third installment in the Transformers film series. She got the role when incumbent Megan Fox dropped out for disputed reasons.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley also starred in "Mad Max: Fury Road" (2015) as The Splendid Angharad.
The "Mad Max" film was shot on location in Namibia, so she was living on the edge of the desert throughout. Rosie got a chance there to mingle with some terrific actors, such as Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron.
Apparently, Rosie impressed director Michael Bay, and Rosie certainly is one of the few women in the world of acting and fashion who can give Megan Fox a good run for her money in the looks department.
Despite mediocre reviews for her particular role, the movie made a ton of money. Really, is there something else that matters in Hollywood?
Rosie is very highly regarded within the fashion world, and not just for her Victoria's Secret work - though that, of course, is spectacular.
Rosie appeared in an important 2010 Burberry's campaign, she was the sole subject of a the book by the photographer Rankin (John Rankin Waddell) titled 'Ten Times Rosie', and appeared in the 2010 Pirelli Calendar photographed by Terry Richardson.
The rest of the world also appreciates Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Rosie was No. 1 on the 2011 Maxim 'Hot 100' list, and made No. 1 on a similar FHM list. It's easy to make those lists if you have the right bod and connections, but No. 1 is something else again.
The list of accolades go on and on for Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and she is sure to be a force of nature in both the fashion world and Hollywood.