Monika "Jac" Jagaciak (born 15 January 1994) is a Polish model who became famous when she was just 13 years of age.
Jac walked in the 2013 and 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows.
Monika Jagaciak is from Poznan, Wielkopolska, Poland.
Monika entered an open casting of the GAGA Models Agency at a local shopping center in 2007, when she was 13.
Jac (as everyone calls her) did well enough to be signed by IMG.
Monika's rise after that was swift, and Jac nabbed her first cover, French Jalouse, that July.
Later that year, she signed a deal to represent Hermes that fall despite still being in grade school, beating out hundreds of other girls.
|Monika Jagaciak at the 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.|
The photos taken of Jac were provocative for a girl her age, and this caused a lot of controversy which interrupted her career for several years.
In a lot of ways it was similar to the problems Isabeli Fontana faced when she posed in Victoria's Secret at age 16.
Jac did not let the age issues stop her: she simply headed to Japan, where the public wasn't so picky about her age. Soon, she had a number of other covers, some no doubt helped by the publicity.
However, Jac missed a number of choice opportunities in Australia and elsewhere until she turned 18 and put the issue behind her for good.
Jac's covers include:
- China: 'Vogue' - July 2012
- France: 'Jalouse' - July/August 2007 & May 2008; 'Numero' - June/July 2010; 'Numi?1ro' - December 2010; 'Antidote' - Fall 2012
- Japan: 'Madame Figaro' - 2007; 'Vingtaine' - September 2007; 'Harper's Bazaar' - October 2008; 'Spur' - October 2008; 'Elle' - November 2008; 'FN' - May 2009; 'Numi?1ro Tokyo' - November 2011
- Korea: 'W' - October 2011; 'Sure' - April 2012; 'Singles' - March 2014
- Poland: 'Fashion Magazine' - Summer 2011; 'Take Me' - Spring 2012; 'Viva! Moda' - Fall 2012; 'Elle' - March 2013
- Singapore: 'Elle' - December 2007; 'Female' - December 2007; 'Harper's Bazaar' - December 2007; 'Style' - December 2007; 'L'Officiel' - December 2007, January 2008
Jac finally overcame the barriers imposed upon her in 2009, when she debuted at the New York Fashion Week and was named one of the 'Top Ten Models to Watch' by New York Magazine.
Even though she has a long history already, Jac is just entering her prime and should be walking the runways for another decade.