Georgina Grenville (born 1 September 1975) is a South African fashion model. She has had a long career and continues to model, appearing on the runway as recently as the 2014 Spring/Summer Proenza Schouler show in New York.
Georgina is from Durban, Natal, South Africa. At the tender age of 14, she entered the South African 1990 Elite 'Look of the Year' contest and did well, winning the opening round.
So, Georgina flew to Milan, modelled for a while, was not too impressed, and gave it up.
The modelling bug bit hard, though, and she ultimately returned to modelling. Ultimately, Georgina wound up in New York signed with Next Agency.
Georgina's many covers include:
- Australia: 'Marie Claire' - September 1995; 'Elle' - November 1998; 'Marie Claire' - January 2000; 'Vogue' - October 2001; 'Vogue' - August 2002
- France: 'Vogue' - May 1995; 'Marie Claire' - May 1997; 'Marie Claire' - December 1996; 'L'Officiel' - December 2000 - January 2001
- Germany: 'Marie Claire' - May 1996; 'Marie Claire' - June 2003; 'Amica' - June 2003
- Italy: 'Marie Claire' - June 1996; 'D' - October 01 1996; 'D' - October 29 1996; 'Marie Claire' - October 1996, 'D' - November 11 1997; 'Marie Claire' - August & October 2000; 'D' - November 28 2000; 'Amica' - October 2005; 'Amica' - January 2007; 'Amica' - March 2010; 'Velvet' - August 2011
- Portugal: 'Elle' - May 1996
- Russia: 'Vogue' - July/August 1999
- South Africa: 'Elle' - April 1996, July 2001
- Spain: 'Vogue' - November 1997
- Sweden: 'DV Mode' - Winter 2011
- UK: 'Elle' - October 1996; 'Vogue' - September 1996; 'Elle' - July 1997; 'Vogue' - March & August 1997; 'Elle' - April 1998; 'Vogue' - March 1998; 'Elle' - June 1999
- US: 'Cosmopolitan' - November 1996; 'Allure' - August 1997; 'Harper's Bazaar' - May & July 1997; 'Vogue' - May, August & December 1997
Georgina has done some work outside of modelling, as most top models are wont to do. She was in the prestigious 1998 Pirelli Calendar, and also appeared in British comedy "Absolutely Fabulous" and the film "54."
Georgina is known throughout the modelling world as the girl with the gorgeous golden hair, even if it's really light brown, but she has that ethereal look of golden-haired delight.
Georgina retired from modelling around 2000. She now is married and has three children. The family lives in Paris.